Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy 5 Months Baby Girl

This is Baby Girl Harper at 5 months. Hard to believe she is 5 months old. All day today I kept thinking what my life was like before her. I can't really remember it to be honest. All I know now is our family of four - Samson included of course. Now that Harper is "easier" - sleeping through the night, eating well, etc...I have time (and energy) to just take it all in and enjoy her. Not that I didn't enjoy those early months, but lets face it - interrupted sleep doesn't make for the best Mommy mood ever. Now, I enjoy it all. Every play time, every snuggle, every bottle and every bath. Now I get it. I was never one of those sentimental baby types. I didn't stop and stare at other peoples babies in the grocery store. I thought people who posted picture after picture of their babies on Facebook were annoying. But I get it now. They are your life. Every time I look at her I can't help but think how beautiful and amazing she is. Tonight I was laying on the floor next to her and Samson came and layed in between us. She started squealing with happiness and grabbing at him. He just layed there and put his ears down and let her have fun with him. He "groomed" her feet while she fiddled with his fur. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I'll never forget it. So, moms out there, cuddle with those babies - because we all get how sweet and special they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment