Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer is fast approaching!

It's hard to believe that my second year of teaching is winding down. I was sitting in a curriculum writing meeting today and I starting thinking of how my life has changed so much in the last few years. This summer I will be spending time tutoring a few students, taking workshops and working on writing Rockwood's new third grade science curriculum with some other teachers in the district. I also look forward to visiting Julie's new house in Lexington in June. She has a bunch of fun things planned for Mandy and I to do with her while we are there for a few days. Then I will be hosting our first family event at our new house over the Fourth of July weekend. Mandy, Ryan, Logan, Julie, Cliff and my mom and dad will come to our house for fireworks this year (don't worry they are legal in Jeffco). And not but two days later Will and I are leaving for our honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico (as long as the Swine Flu does not stop us). I am sure I will find myself at the pool a few days in between all of this too. Our neighborhood pool is supposed to be finished by Memorial Day weekend, but I am not getting my hopes up. There are TONS of great things about being a teacher...but summer is close to the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment