Thursday, April 15, 2010

New York, New York...here I come!

The last two years I have been participating in a grant through the federal government offered by my school district. One of the culminating things I get to do is take a trip to New York City. This trip is supposed to give me a better understanding of the history of immigration in America to help me be a better social studies teacher - but - let's face it - it is a FREE trip to NEW YORK and I've NEVER been - so - not only is it going to help me as a teacher, it is going to be F - U - N. I wasn't that excited about it until tonight. We got all the details at our meeting and I found out I get to room with a great teacher friend of mine, Angie!

We are staying at the Affinia Manhattan Hotel. I'm excited to get to go to the Tenement House and do the Immigrant Soles walking tour. I get to take the SUBWAY! Is it weird I am excited about that? We are visiting Battery Park, Ellis Island and Liberty Island. Hopefully we will have time to go to Central Park, Rockefeller Center and The Empire State Building. We get to eat at this yummy Cuban restaurant called Havana Central. We are also eating at the Hard Rock Cafe on Broadway. I'm just so excited...when is July again? I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and I'm sure I'll have tons of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment