Wednesday, March 7, 2012

6 Month Flashback

6 months ago tonight I had been a mommy for almost 24 hours. 6 months ago feels so long ago, but also just like yesterday. After 15 hours of being in labor, I was exhausted and out of it, but I still remember meeting this little bundle of joy. She was so beautiful. I remember how proud Will was of her (and of me). It was a very special moment, followed by another very special moment - I enjoyed a Coke on ice. That was the first time I had had a Coke in months (because of gestational diabetes). Harper was born exactly 4 weeks early, on Labor Day - our little premie (although for 4 weeks early not so little at 6 lbs. 4 oz.).
Now Harper is a thriving, happy, 6 month old baby girl. Harper's stats from her 6 month check up yesterday - 26 3/4 inches long (90th percentile in height) and 16.75 lbs. (70th percentile in weight) - pretty good numbers for being born 4 weeks early. It's looking like she'll be tall just like her mom and dad.
We also had a meeting with our Parents as Teachers representative on Sunday. Harper can sit for long periods of time on her own without support. She can pass a small toy from hand to another. She loves to "talk" a lot and she knows her name. It's been so fun watching her change over the last 6 months. I can't imagine how much more she will change before her first birthday.
We love this little princess and are very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment