Friday, July 30, 2010

It's About That Time

This time of the year is always one with a lot of mixed emotion for me. I'm a teacher, so naturally I L O V E summer. But as the last few weeks of summer wind down, I always seem to be cramming in those last few days of summer sun and relaxation at the pool - and - I start to get that itch. I want to be in my classroom. I want to organize, reorganize, create and plan for the new school year. I'm getting excited. I love teaching, sure there are days I don't want to go to work (even teachers are human), but generally I love my job. Kids make me laugh and smile on a daily basis. I check my class list twice a day to see if I have any new additions and I look forward to the day I get to meet my kids. It's hard to stay away from my classroom this time of year...even as a teacher, back to school shopping is still fun. I love stocking the room with new pencils, crayons, and glue. I love hanging new bulletin boards and adding new touches to my room. But, as much as I want to be there, I'm forcing myself not to go in everyday next week. This week I found my way into my little space 4 out of the 5 days. I just couldn't help it. Every year there is something new I want to do or something I want to do even better. This year (my *years* go from August to July not January to December) is going to be a great one, I can feel it. I have this great excitement for this year. It's going to be not only an amazing year at work, but in life too. My best friend is having a baby. I get to be in another best friend's wedding on New Years Eve (how fun is a New Years Eve wedding?). Will and I will have been married 2 years this March and I love him more now than ever. I just have a great feeling about this school year and I very excited for what it holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment