Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Classroom Giving Tree




I'm a teacher when it is not summer time. So, Sunday I crafted a little something for my classroom. I'm always looking for donations of different supplies - Ziploc bags, Lysol wipes, GermX... just stuff that you need for your classroom - stuff that adds up if you purchase it all yourself all the time. So, I made a Giving Tree! This Giving Tree will sit out at Meet the Teacher Night, Curriculum Night and at Fall and Spring Conferences. Parents are always asking me if I need stuff - so I thought why not present it in a cute and *optional* way.


I made the base out of some scrap wood...I tried to nail it around the little twig, but I didn't have nails that were long enough...so out came the hot glue.



I wrapped the base in some quilting filler to cover all the splinters from the scrap wood.


Then I wrapped the base in some pretty, green, scrap fabric I had.


I made a little sign for my Giving Tree just so the parents knew it was optional.


I made little leaves that hang from green ribbon.


My finished Giving Tree. I think it's so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment