Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bird Room Wall Project

So Harper's room kind of has a theme - it's birdies. I fell in love with the Penelope birdie bedding from Pottery Barn Kids when my friend Megan was pregnant and I was in the store buying part of her crib bedding. I always said, if I get pregnant and have a girl and they still have this bedding then I am buying it for my baby girl.
Well, I did get pregnant...and found out I was having a girl...so, naturally I registered for the birdie bedding. I just love it. It's girlie, but not super girlie. We have tried to do a lot of things in the room in greens too, so if our next child is a boy - I can do the dino themed room I have always dreamed of for a little boy.
Awhile ago I had seen this artwork that someone had done on some website (probably Etsy) that went along with the Pottery Barn Kids Penelope bedding. Well, I decided to make my own. I needed something to go above the changing table. So last night, after we hung Harper's curtains and sheers, I was standing in the room staring at the blank walls. I'd been picking up lots of little things for the walls in the last few months that I thought would match. I was walking around holding things up on different walls and trying to decide where to put what. That was when I remembered the birdie art.
So today I ventured out, bought two pretty basic espresso frames and purchased an assortment of scrap paper from Michaels. Then tonight - I got to work - I crafted some pretty simple birdie art for above Harper's changing table. Will worked hard on hanging some things I had already purchased on the walls. Now, I have only two walls, I mean, projects left.

Sneak peak of part of Harper's room...I'll post lots of pictures when the whole thing is done.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your little one - little girls are so much fun - I decorated my daughter's room with a tree mural in case you need ideas for your other two walls -

    http://www.bigdandme.com/2011/04/tree-mural/

    Enjoy your little one - it truly goes by fast.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete