Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Name Bunting Banner

I'd been trying to figure out what I wanted to do above Harper's crib. I like the idea of having her name in the room, but didn't want to do the wooden letters that a lot of people have been doing lately. So, when I saw this idea on Tater Tots and Jello - it inspired me to do something similar for Harper. I bought some ribbon, fabric and canvas at Hobby Lobby and got to work. I cut out pendant shaped triangles and sewed ribbon in a wavy pattern on fabric to spell out her name. This was the hard part - this part probably took me a good 5-6 hours to do.


Here is a closeup of how I made the ribbon wavy looking.
Then I had to sew the pendants to the canvas cord that they were going to hang on. The pictures in this post really do not do this project justice. It is very detailed and I think turned out super cute. You just can't really see a lot of the details in these photos.

Then I hung it on the wall to see how it looked so far... ...I took it down to do the last touches and details. Samson knew it was something for Harper - so he had to help. He loves Harper already and spending time in her room (especially under her crib).



I cut some strips of fabric and ribbon and tied them in messy knots around the spaces between the letters. I think it turned out pretty cute - again I wish you could see more of the details in the pictures.




I can't wait to see it with her bedding on the crib. I think it will be so cute - I hope she loves it.

3 comments: