Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Earring Holder

Yesterday while in Hobby Lobby I found tons of clearance frames. Usually the clearance frames are really beat up and have lots of scratches, but not yesterday! They had tons of cute frames. I probably spent 20 minutes deciding which ones I wanted to buy. I bought one for Harper's bow holder and one to make an earring holder for myself to hang in our master bedroom closet. I'd been wanting to do this for a while. I went with a chocolate frame and bought a small piece of burlap from the fabric department.


You just cut the burlap to fit in the frame. Then spray A LOT of heavy starch on it and iron it so it gets stiff. Then you hot glue the burlap into the empty frame - pulling it very tight as you go (you want it to be tight so when you hang the earring on it it does not sag). Then I added some ribbon I had to hang it from.

Then I cleaned out my old jewelry box - one I have had since college - and put all the earrings on my holder. Here is the finished product! I love it. I think it almost looks like a decoration. I would have hung it in my master bedroom, but Will probably would not want to look at my earrings all the time. It's that easy and cheap! The more earrings you have, the bigger the frame you need!

1 comment: