Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Corker Bow

I decided to try and make a corker bow when I saw this tutorial. I wanted to make an Auburn bow for Harper, since she will be arriving in the heart of football season. I decided on some navy gross grain ribbon, orange with white polka dots gross grain ribbon and some white satin ribbon with brown footballs on them. I wrapped the ribbon around some skinny wooden dowels I bought at Hobby Lobby and put clothespins on each end. Next, just bake in the oven at 275 for 25 minutes! When they are cooled and you take the ribbon off the dowel - it will keep its korker shape!

Next, I made three individual corkers by cutting the ribbon into smaller pieces. I wrapped jewelry wire around the center to hold the bows in place.
Then I just hot glued them on an alligator clip to make a fuller and larger bow and topped it with an orange button!


Here is a view of the corker bow clipped on an orange headband. All ready for Ms. Harper to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment