Friday, July 1, 2011

New Front Door Wreath

I first saw the burlap wreath idea on Tater Tots and Jello last year. I made one right away and it hung on my front door for a whole season, until it was tattered and faded and I had to throw it away. Then, last summer, I made one for my classroom door. I had been looking for a long time for a new wreath for our front door - whether one from the store or a homemade one...but honestly, I couldn't find one I liked more than the burlap wreaths from Tater Tots and Jello. So I when I went through my fabric bin and saw all the green scraps I had and scraps from the cushion I made for our front porch, I decided to just make another one for this summer. Here are my circles ready to glue on the wreath.


And the finished product hanging on our front door! I love it. I love how the colors are a little darker than the first one I made, so I don't think it will fade as fast.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Is this what you were working on at the pool? Try spraying some sealer on it this time, it might help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so pretty! I love the green fabric you used. It turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice !!! so cute... I love your blog

    :)

    ReplyDelete