Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our First Child

Ok, so Harper isn't our first child.




Samson was our first"baby". It's not a secret that I'm a dog lover - - and I LOVE this dog. And, even though I don't think he would ever admit it, I've turned Will into a dog lover too. He loves Samson as much as I do. We love lounging in bed with Sam on Saturday mornings. He waits for the invitation from Will and then jumps into bed and lays on Will's chest to get scratched and get his belly rubbed.




People keep saying that once the baby comes your dog does not matter anymore. Well, I know that nothing will probably be like my love for Harper - but I could never imagine Samson not mattering anymore. Every time I go into Harper's room to wash something or put something away, Samson follows me in and curiously walks the perimeter of the room. After a few minutes of rolling around in the center, he finds his way under her crib and lays down. This week I was putting something away in the closet, so naturally the door was open. I turned around and saw Sammy, sitting very sweetly in an empty bin in the bottom of her closet. He sat in there for about 3-5 minutes (long enough for me to snap a few sweet pictures of him) - sniffing her clothes that hung above him and trying to steal a toy or two out of her toy bin.


I know that my love for Harper will never be the same after she is born, but I can only imagine I will grow to love this little man, my first baby, even more as I see how much he loves her already just by watching him in her room. I'm sure Will and I will get lots of laughter, and even frustration, watching Sammy adjust to life with Harper - but I know that Samson will always have a special place in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment