Monday, January 11, 2010

DIY Project - Lost Socks, Complete!

Below you will see my completed Lost Socks project for our laundry closet. The pictures really are washed out and don't make it look as cute as it looks in our little laundry corner. I know what you are thinking, I have a lot of LOST SOCKS! I know...that is why I needed this. I loose part of a match and then put it somewhere and then find the other half and can't find the first lost half...it was an ongoing cycle. I made the base for the two strips out of some thin wood I bought at Home Depot and then used wood glue to glue the clothespins down. Then I painted the whole thing with some sample of wall paint Will and I had bought. The Lost Socks wording is a wall sticker from Uppercase Living and the color is Herb Garden. I love this color green! It reminds me of the greens in our master bedroom.
I wish I could have hung the two strips straight underneath each other, but with the light switch it just didn't work that way. I could have gone higher up the wall, but then the first set would have been a tab out of reach and you wouldn't have been able to read the cute Lost Socks wording as well. I got around to putting my pine cones in my glass jars...the newest thing that they are holding!
Good news! Part of our Pottery Barn order shipped today! Sconces will be arriving soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment