Saturday, January 2, 2010

Is it really almost over?




















Well, I go back to work on Monday - and so does Will. I have to say - I think I'm ready for summer already. Maybe it's the fact that we've gotten so much done with our house in the last week, or maybe it's the fact that I am sick of the cold weather....whatever it is, I'm sad my Christmas break is pretty much over.

Will and I were very busy. We hosted Will's family for Christmas Eve - my first holiday dinner to host at our new house. Then we had my parents over the following Sunday for our own holiday celebration - and to have my dad help us build some shelves for storage in the basement. We got a much needed new vacuum for Christmas and our drapes from Pottery Barn. The picture above shows the drapes, but not in our house (I wish!!). Now we just need to hang them - problem is - we don't own a drill. I keep telling Will that we need to buy a drill because I'm tired of borrowing other people's. So add it to the to-buy list: DRILL.

Two days before Christmas we decided to get the rest of our house painted, the family room, staircase, landing, two spare bedrooms and second full bathroom. We choose a very light khaki/tan color called WHICKER. It was from Lowe's. For the second full bath we chose a blueish color to match the blue and brown shower curtain we got for our wedding.

Now were are moving on to finish accessorizing the house...lamps, decorations, wall art...more curtains...you name it and we probably still need it in at least one room. Plus, we still need furniture in the two upstairs bedrooms. My goal is to have the guest bedroom finished by the Fourth of July - I'd like to have the family back in town for the second year in a row. Who knows what kind of show the neighbor will put on this year!

I also did a DIY project over break. I found it on this blog:
http://allbowerpower.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/states-of-the-union/
So I decided I wanted to make my own for Auburn and STL. They turned out pretty cool, and the best part is Will loves them. He told me I should sell them.

Anyway, the fridge is full of leftovers, the lights and greenery are taken off the porch and the tree and decorations are tucked away for next year. I hope you had a Merry Christmas, now back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment