Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day Number 1

Today is officially our first snow day of the school year. Last night they called school off around 10:00 PM. I was so excited. I needed the day to finish my report cards, which I can say are done and submitted - comments and all! The funny thing is both my sisters got snow days today too, one lives in Nashville and the other in Lexington. Both of them got much less snow than us - just a dusting. The wind chill temperature is forecasted to be -15 below zero beginning at 6:00 PM tonight, so I am hoping for another day off tomorrow - which would make for a 4 day weekend! Am I getting too greedy? So with report cards done, the house clean *pretty much*, and Samson napping behind me on the top of our over sized chair, I thought I would sit down and add some pictures and house stuff to our blog.








Meet Pierre the Pig, our newest addition to our kitchen. He is from Williams-Sonoma. Will and I have been looking for a butler pig since we lived in our apartment. We finally used part of some leftover Pottery Barn gift cards to purchase our new friend Pierre. Pierre and Samson do not get along very well.







This California Pomegranates sign hung above our stove in our apartment and it made its way to the same spot in our house. I found this at Waterworks Antiques in Washington, Missouri. I think it was like 8 bucks - but it is one of my favorite things we have.
I saw this recipe for making your house smell good on this blog . http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/2008/11/pardon-me-while-i-dote/

So, with today being a snow day, I thought I would give it a try. I didn't have any cinnamon sticks on hand, so I just used the spice from my spice cabinet. I didn't have whole cloves, but I had ground cloves from baking Julie's zucchini bread over Christmas - so far it's working well, the house smells delicious as I type. Samson even came into the kitchen to see what his mom was cooking up!


These are our newer glass canisters that we got 50% off at Hobby Lobby. They were filled with different red and gold ornaments over Christmas and on my to do list today is to fill them with pine cones that my dad gave me over the break. I wanted to spray paint the pine cones funky winter colors, but I think I decided to just leave them brown. These will be fun to fill with different things as the seasons and holidays change.

No comments:

Post a Comment