Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lazy Weekend

This weekend may prove to be a lazy one. Will and I just don't have much to do! It's gloomy outside and the couch is calling our names. It's that kind of gross gray color outside now -winter. Yuck, I hate it. These flowers in our half bath are bringing a small part of spring to me early. There is so much I hate about winter - I hate being cold, and I always am. I hate the confining clothes - again YUCK.


I'm all ready for spring. The flowers blooming, wearing flip flops for the first time in months - I love freeing my toes. I can't wait to enjoy our new deck either. Will and I are going to run by Garden Ridge this afternoon to look at patio furniture. This spring I want to plant flowers and do some landscaping in our yard. I'll get to use my gardening tools that Mandy got me for Christmas. Right now they are bright and shiny new in our garage, but I can't wait to get them dirty. I want to plant some snap dragon flowers. Those remind me of when I was little. I love how vibrant their colors are and how when you squeeze them they open up and little bugs hide inside. We used to have them in our backyard on Branchwood. I even had white ones in my wedding bouquet. I'm not sure where I will plant them...

Samson is also excited this weekend. His new friend arrives today. Kerns and Chris are headed to pick up their new Golden Retriever pup right now. His name is Brinkley. Samson bought him a present last week. He picked it out himself at his favorite store, One Lucky Mutt. He even helped me wrap it for Brinkley. The paw print on the bag was his idea. He got some of his favorite treats when we were there. He loves their blueberry and banana muffin bites. They are his favorite.





No comments:

Post a Comment