Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1010 Framed Art

I know second post in one day...I'm nuts...but not really, remember Will is in Cleveland ALL week. So really I am just bored and in between play sessions with Samson - I worked on and finished another project tonight.
I love our address, let's face it, it is one of the reasons we picked our lot. So I saw this cool idea on Bower Power. I decided I needed to do it, but I wanted to modify it a little to fit the colors in our living room. So I went to work on Microsoft Word and printed the 1010 out in a green color and a font that looked traditional. I then cut the numbers out with an Exacto knife and Modge Podged them on some pretty cream card stock.
Then I mixed some Modge Podge and two colors of craft paint with some water and smeared it all over my numbers and card stock.
Once it was dry I decided I wanted to add a burlap edge (kind of like a mat).
I used an old frame we had lying around, so eventually I may buy a new frame and spruce it up a little. I'd like to get a frame with a little more, um, personality.
I'm trying to decide where to put it on our new shelves...until we get more things for the shelves, I may not be able to get it to look just how I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment