Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Headband Fun!


Yesterday I posted about how I have seen cute headbands everywhere - so today I made my own. I'm trying to grow my hair out, just a little, and so I've been throwing it up more and more - I thought I needed something cute to put in my hair for the next month before I get it done again. So, I decided to make some cute hair accessories. Tonight I made my first one, but I plan on doing one in green soon. I just went to Walmart and bought a pack of 3 cheap headbands (therefore I still have two more to make- at least). They were like $3.50 for 3. You cut a strip of fabric about 20 inches long and fold it in half. I ironed my to make it easier to work with. Then you sew down the side with the fold - big spaces between each thread point. Then you pull the two ends of the extra thread together and tie them in a knot.

You have to sew the part where the "flower" ends meet together so it looks like one flowing shape.
I wrapped my headband in gross grain ribbon, but you wouldn't have to do that. Then I hot glued my flower to it and added a circle to the back.


Here is the finished headband with the last touch I added to the middle of the flower - a fabric circle and button.

Another shot! I glued my flower on so that it would be close to the ear when I wear the headband, but you could glue it anywhere you like depending on what look you are going for. I think the next one I make will have three smaller flowers (instead of the one big one) in the white and black polka dot with black buttons.






4 comments:

  1. How cute, I so wish I still worked at Geggie and we could bounce ideas off of each other and you could tell me all the good blogs you look at. I love using crafty ideas I've found on blogs. Very cute headband

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEGAN!!! I'm so impressed! Mine aren't nearly as cute! Think about putting the hair pieces on a clip, and then you can change the clip and keep the same headband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the twist on the headband! Very, very cute and fabric flowers are hot right now! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the black and white and the center embellishment. So pretty!

    Thanks for linking this up. I love it!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete