Monday, March 22, 2010

A Year Gone By



Today marks a very special day in Will and I's lives. It is our first wedding anniversary. We were married last year on March 28th at The Jewel Box in Forest Park. The weather was gross that day, actually much like the weather is today in St. Louis. Rainy and Cold. The difference is we got snow overnight last year. When Will and I woke up for the first time as husband and wife there was a dusting of snow and although it didn't last long on the ground (I think it was gone within a few hours), now we can say we had snow. I still remember that look on Will's face when I walked down the aisle. That was priceless. I hope I never forget that look, even when I am 105. One of my best friends, Katie Stasiak (http://www.katiestasiak.com/) took the photos for our special day. Now she has created her own part time business (and is planning her own New Years Eve wedding). Check out her website. I wanted to choose a few of my favorite photos that she shot from our special day. It was hard to choose just a few. Let's look and reminisce...










Yesterday Will bought me some of my favorite flowers, snapdragons. The lady at the florist said that she does not get to many people asking her for an arrangement of snapdragons. I don't get that. They are beautiful. Especially in the spring with all the pastels. You should go buy yourself a bouquet, NOW. Also, Will surprised me and got us ice cream cupcakes from Coldstone. Because Will and I were paying for our wedding, we were on a budget, so to save money we had cupcakes instead of a wedding cake (and we didn't save one). And, don't tell, but these ice cream cupcakes were WAY better. Yummy.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year!!! Congratulations to you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it either, that was a beautiful day I'm so glad I was there for it. Congratulations and I would love an arrangement of snapdragons, but I could see how a florist would find that funny. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete