Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Triple Set

As you can tell (because I have been crafting), the husband has been gone again this week...

This week I have been working on a set of three small spring wreaths to hang on my arch grid in our family room. I bought three foam wreath forms at the dollar store. I covered the wreath form in burlap (long strips about 3 inches wide). I used this tutorial to make these fabric flowers. I alternated two kinds of fabric. They were very similar to each other.



I hot glued the fabric flower to the wreath and then hot glued a yoyo fabric flower in the middle (you could also do a button).



I used some green gross grain ribbon I had to hang the three small wreaths on my arched grid (once the flowers were hot glued on).

I couldn't get a good closeup shot.
I thought about covering the whole thing in different kinds of fabric flowers, but I kind of liked the simplicity of this for my family room.
Leave a comment, tell me what you think...

7 comments:

  1. I really like your wreaths...they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I really need to actually DO more of the projects I find on blogs. Kudos to you for doing the projects rather than just saying that's so cute, add it to a favorites folder, and never look back. I'm really bad about that. Every project I want to do now is baby oriented and I've found some really cute, easy, cheap wreaths lately. I need to try one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute wreath idea! Love your fabric flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohhhh...I love these! I adore burlap, so these are totally my style. And the fabric flowers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, simple and springy...love dollar store creations. Come say Hi.

    ReplyDelete